Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 screen flickers on Windows 10

SImpa
Beginner

My screen  flickers every 5 to 20 seconds, I have installed the newest drivers and in the attached file are all the system details.

Help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello SImpa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I would like to gather more information about your system since I was not able to get the product specifications/download website with the model number provided on the report and I would like to gather more information about the issue that you are experiencing and the troubleshooting performed.

1. Is there any website that you can provide me from Lenovo in order to have more information about this computer?
  2. Which was the graphics driver version that you recently installed? The version 20.19.15.5063?
  3. When did the issue start? After performing any specific update?
  4. When did you perform the Windows* 10 update to the 1903 version?
  5. What type of connection are you using from your computer to your monitor/TV?

I would advise you to doublecheck:

1. Testing with different video cables, no dongles or adapters.
  2. Testing with different monitors or TVs.
  3. Testing with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SImpa
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for your fast response, see me reply below:

1. Is there any website that you can provide me from Lenovo in order to have more information about this computer? - ThinkCentre M83 Tiny (10E8) - https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkCentre/m83_tiny_overview.pdf
  2. Which was the graphics driver version that you recently installed? The version 20.19.15.5063? Yes, it is the version 20.19.15.5063
  3. When did the issue start? After performing any specific update? I had the issue since the Windows 10 upgrade
  4. When did you perform the Windows* 10 update to the 1903 version? July 22.
  5. What type of connection are you using from your computer to your monitor/TV? It's a Philips 32PHx4100

I would advise you to doublecheck:

1. Testing with different video cables, no dongles or adapters. - I will purchase a new video cable (Display port -> HDMI)
  2. Testing with different monitors or TVs. - I only have that TV
  3. Testing with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers - Same issue with the video drivers from Lenovo

Regards

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello SImpa,

Thank you for the response and the information provided.

After doing some research about the graphics drivers available form the Lenovo website, I was able to see that the most updated driver provided for this system was the version 20.19.15.5058 released on 12 Jun 2018. I would like to confirm if this driver was what you tested?

Also, I would recommend you to try following these uninstallation steps:

• Download the driver provided by your OEM, available here.

1. Open the Device Manager using the steps provided for your operating system:
  • Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.
  1. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  2. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. 
  3. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  4. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.
  6. If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in the device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. If not, repeat steps 1 through 6.

Then install the driver downloaded previously and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists after these steps, the issue could be related to the compatibility of the driver with this new Windows* 10 version, since the driver was probably released and customized to work with previous Windows* 10 version this might present issues of compatibility with the Windows* 10 1903 version.

In this case, my second recommendation would be to test by installing the Intel generic drivers, provided in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

Note: It is important to mention that the Intel generic drivers are not customized with certain features that the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) could add to your system for power saving, system performance, and other specifications.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello SImpa,

Were you able to check my previous post recommendations?

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this inquiry.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
SImpa
Beginner

Hey Abigail

Thanks a lot for four your recommendation, uninstalling the video driver completely and then reinstall the Intel video drivers again, seems to have solved my issue 🙂

Once again thank you for your help and support

Regards

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello SImpa,

Thank you for sharing the outputs.

I am glad to know that the issue was solved. I will close this inquiry now, if you need further assistance, please post a new question

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos