Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 driver update

CNill
Beginner

I cannot automatically download my driver update due to my school, so I have opted to try to manually install it. However, when downloading "igfx_win10_100.7000.zip", I cannot find "igdlh64.inf". All online tutorials say to use that file when installing from disk. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7-8750H

Intel UHD Graphics 630

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Self-installing format (.exe) is the easiest installation method. Download the igfx_win10_100.7000.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28991/a08/igfx_win10_100.7000.exe and click on it to install.
  2. You should be aware that this is modern DCH type driver. If currently installed driver is the old style driver, you should install it first (you will see in Device Manager, Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver). Otherwise the installation will fail. First released version of DCH driver was version  25.20.100.6444. So, if you have this version or higher version, you don't need to uninstall it.

Leon

0 Kudos
CNill
Beginner

I cannot use the .exe file, which is why I was trying to manually install it. When booting the .exe, I am given the error "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

This message you will get while trying install the DCH driver over installed non DCH driver. So in order to install this new driver, first uninstall the old driver:

1. Disconnect the internet.
  2. In Device Manager, uninstall the currently installed Graphics Driver. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphic Driver after uninstalling. During uninstalling, check the Delete option.
  3. Install the new driver.
  4. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it's saying that, you shouldn't be using the drivers downloaded from Intel's site anyway; you should only be using the drivers provided on your motherboard manufacturer's site. Is this a laptop? Does this laptop also have NVIDIA or ATI/AMD graphics engine? If so, you cannot use the drivers from the Intel site regardless.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
CNill
Beginner

Yes it's a laptop with NVIDIA graphics as well. I did not know that was the case. Do I go to Dell or NVIDIA's website to install drivers?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go to Dell and only Dell. Situation with NVIDIA site drivers will be same as situation with Intel site drivers.

...S​

0 Kudos