Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Is there a way to disable notifications of one driver in the Driver and Support Assistant? (i.e., not disabling all notifications)

HvanR2
Beginner

Intel Driver & Support Assistant keeps notifying me of an update for a graphics card (Intel® UHD Graphics 630). However, when installing, it throws an error saying that the driver is not validated for my computer and that I should check the computer manufacturer (which is Dell, no update on their website - at least yet).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

HvanR2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, no, there is no option to disable the notifications for one driver when using the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant.

Just to let you know, the drivers offered by this application are Intel® Generic drivers, which means that they might or might not work with your platform.

What we recommend in these cases, is to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. So the best thing to do as you mentioned previously, will be to visit Dell's web site to manually install the drivers provided by them.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DKris10
Beginner

Basically, we have to put up with the Support Assistant nagging us to update a driver that it can't update and is probably already up to date.

0 Kudos