Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to install pyrealsense2 on Win10

ADomo1
Beginner

I'm trying to install the python (3) wrapper for the Realsense SDK2 on Windows 10 with 64bit intel chip.

"pip install pyrealsense2" using admin cmd prompt results in "Collecting pyrealsense2" and displays nothing and stops.

Repeating in verbose mode "pip -v install pyrealsense2"

results in "No Matching distribution found for pyrealsense2"

Am I doing something wrong? Surely Intel Win10 is supported?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Windows 10 is supported. If you are using the pre-compiled binary version of the wrapper supplied with the SDK though, it assumes that you are using Python 2.7. So if you are using Python 3, you may get a mismatch in version or architecture (x86 vs x64).

Detailed advice on the subject from an Intel RealSense team member can be found here:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/2021#issuecomment-403722357

0 Kudos
ADomo1
Beginner

Many thanks for the help Marty.

Python2 is being actively discouraged and will be unsupported from the end of this year so it seems odd for the intel developers to assume that's what everybody is using.

0 Kudos
ADomo1
Beginner

I've got quite far developing this with python 2. I'm at the stage I need to integrate it with my existing python 3 code and compiling the python 3 wrapper isn't a trivial task. Can anybody from Intel confirm when a python 3 wrapper will be available given python 2 will be obsolete in a few months?

0 Kudos