Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Inter AX200gw not connecting on 2,4GHz.

JOtte4
Beginner

On the Intel AX200GW pro the 5 GHz is working ok. When i want to connect to a 2,4GHz connection i get connection failed. I tried several ssid's. I also tested it on a ssid both 2,4 an 5 and configured the card to 2,4 only, unable to connect after that. I use the latest driver 21.30.3.2. The card is inserted in a Dell XPS9570

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JOtte4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

We recommend to install the Intel® Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked on Dell's web site and actually, there are no Wireless drivers for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card, there is a driver available but for different Wireless cards, here you can see the details:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mkkk5&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-9570-laptop

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JOtte4
Beginner

My laptop is a Dell XPS 9570 4K came with a Killer card Wifi5. I bought the Intel AX200 separate and installed it myself. Dell doesn't have drivers for this Intel card, and because you can buy this card seperate i don't think it has be be like that. 5GHz is working fine.

The problem started after switchting out wifi card.

I have this on all SSID's i tried, at home, internet sharing on my iphone all 2,4GHz wifi connections. When i want to connect (i see the wifi's) get message unable to connect. My Windows 10 version is the newest 1903. Internet provider has nothing to do with this, because i'm unable to connect.

I tested a SSID on both 5GHz an d 2,4GHz. on 5GHz no problem to connect, when ik configure the Intel card on 4 2,4GHz b/g only i'm unable to connect anymore.

0 Kudos
JOtte4
Beginner

Found and installed driver 21.40.1.4 and now i'm able to connect to 2,4GHz including my iphone hotspot. so far so good. Lets wait and see

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JOtte4. Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to establish a wireless connection to the 2.4GHz channel after installing driver version 21.40.1.4.

Just to let you know, the Intel® support for a wireless integration/installation is limited, since there are different factors that might restrict the proper functionality of the Intel® Wireless card. Please verify the link below to see further details about this topic:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Hopefully, there will be no more problems with the wireless connection in your system.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JOtte4, I just wanted to check if the Wireless connection to the 2.4GHz channel is still working properly?

Also, is there any way that you can perhaps provide the link of where you download the Wireless driver version 21.40.1.4?

This is for the rest of the peers in the Intel® Community viewing this thread to have the option to install that same driver if they are having the same issue.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JOtte4, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos