Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

how to move DSP-Builder project (or get relative output)

HEyer
Beginner

https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/The DSP-Builder output (*.qip) has absolute paths, but we need relative paths in order to use the design on different PCs.

Can we run the _hw.tcl script to regenerate the *.qip files for the new location?

Or is it possible to to output relative paths in DSP Builder?

Background:

In the BladeRF project (https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/) which has a makefile based build system we would like to include a DSP-Builder based block.

I can easily add the new block by referencing the *.qip file. But to make it work, I have to change the path in all *.qip files. Currently I am doing this with a sed script. It works, but I hope for a more elegant way to do this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to relative path for DSP Builder generated Quartus design. Please allow me some time to look into this and get back to you by end of the week.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries about generating the .qip file for DSP Builder rtl files with relative path. For your information, as I tested HDL generation for an example design ie demo_firs.mdl in DSP Builder 17.0, I can see that the content in the .qip file is using relative path. The following is an example from the qip file for your reference:

# This is the QIP file for DSP Builder for Intel FPGAs system 'demo_firs_FilterSystem'

set_global_assignment -name VHDL_FILE ../rtl/demo_firs/demo_firs_FilterSystem_safe_path.vhd

set_global_assignment -name VHDL_FILE ../rtl/demo_firs/demo_firs_FilterSystem_safe_path.vhd

I notice that if you enable the "Use separate work directory for Quartus Prime project", then .qip file will have absolute path. You can try to disabling this option in your DSP Builder design if it is enabled currently.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
HEyer
Beginner

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortuanely my coleague who uses DSP Builder is not in the Office, so I can not test it at the moment.

I assume that the issue is solved. Otherwise we will update the post.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update.

0 Kudos