Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

For more detail

MReye15
New Contributor I

As Vroc talked about 8700 being three disks I did it in raid 0 to 2170 speed, in theory the speeds should be added and having direct connection to the cpu greater reason, I made it in an asus G703GX the latest software makes it easy without doing anything the bios. Very good for Intel ...

Only the speed remains, although with that it is fluid.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MReye15
New Contributor I

It was perfect, Intel's help has been effective, ASUS had OEM software, for the model with what I achieved speed of 9212 MB / s. It is a great advance that the nvme can be connected directly to the CPU, I have tested it with very demanding games and it is working very well with two intel SSD 760p connected to the CPU and a Samsung PM961 to the PCIe, in an Asus G703GX.

velocidad del RAID 0.png

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MReye15;

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need our support with your Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC), and you are using an ASUS ROG G703GX Gaming Laptop.

Since we do not have sufficient details about your system, and in order to understand your request better to help you with this issue, we would like to receive additional information; for this, we have available the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* (SSU), please go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ when finished downloading it, open it and attach the log file obtained to your next reply.

Also, we would like to get additional details on the storage subsystem, physical and logical device configuration, etc. We have available the System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, please follow this link to find the instructions to obtain a system report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html please send us the report obtained in your next reply.

We will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MReye15
New Contributor I
HI, I have installed 2 Intel® SSD 760p Series connected to the CPU and 1 Samsung SSD PM981 MZVLB512HAJQ connected toPCIe is in raid 0, it works fine with the Windows 10 Pro operating system installed in RAID 0. What I need to know is that the RAID speed is equal to any SSD 2100 Mbps and not what is expected to be a higher speed thank you I am attentive to your response, I attach the requested file Best Regards
0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MReye15;

Unfortunately, the file attachment is no showing in this community thread, meaning we can’t perform any analysis or diagnostics. Please try to upload it again.

We advise to open a service ticket with ASUS* to request details on their benchmarking process for this RAID configuration, you can access ASUS* support by following this link: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk/

We can’t provide further details on RAID data speed, since this RAID configuration is using a third party SSD. For further details on the Intel® SSD 760p Series 512GB, M.2 80mm, PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D2, TLC; please follow this link: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134582/intel-ssd-760p-series-512gb-m-2-80mm-pcie-3-0-x4-3d2-tlc.html

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day,

Santiago A.

"Please be aware that the content on the websites provided is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there."

0 Kudos
MReye15
New Contributor I
I apologize for the inaccuracy the PCIe is the PM961, which is supported by VROC. This is found at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html Being my configuration 2 Intel® SSD 760p Series connected to the CPU and 1 Samsung SSD PM961 MZVLB512HAJQ-00000 connected to PCIe in raid 0, works well with the Windows 10 Pro operating system installed in RAID 0. What I need to know is that the RAID speed is equal to any 2100 Mbps SSD and not what is expected to be a higher speed thanks I am attentive to your response, attached the requested file Sincerely, [cid:image002.png@01D58381.ABF0C300] NVMe* SSD support list This section covers the SSDs that are supported on the product Intel Virtual RAID on CPU. This section includes the Intel® SSDs and third-party SSDs from other vendors. Intel® SSDs Third-Party Vendor SSDs All Intel® SSDs for Data Center with NVMe* (including but not limited to): * Intel® SSD DC P3100 Series * Intel® SSD DC P3500 Series * Intel® SSD DC P3520 Series * Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series * Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4101 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4501 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4511 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4610 Series * Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series * Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4801X Series All Intel® Professional NVMe SSDs: * Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series * Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series Other select Intel® SSD Series: * Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series * Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series X8 Intel® NVMe SSDs (RAID0 Support only) * Intel® SSD DC P3608 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4608 Series * Intel® SSD DC P4618 Series Huawei * ES3500P* * ES3600P* Micron * 9100 Series* * 9200 Series* Samsung * SM951* * SM961* * PM953* * PM961* * PM963* * PM983* Toshiba * XG3* * XG5* Lenovo * Atsani* Western Digital * SN720*
0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MReye15;

We have received your information and we will need to insist, this topic must be handled by the Laptop Manufacturer, ASUS*.

As you can see in the ASUS* helpdesk site: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/G703GX/HelpDesk_Download/ under “Driver’s and Tools”, the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (RSTe) Driver used in your Laptop, is issued by ASUS*.

Please note, the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). We recommend you work with your OEM so you don’t lose features or customizations. Your OEM has available for your laptop, the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (RSTe) Driver, Current Version V17.2.7.1028 issued on 2019/08/05.

Previously, we have indicated, to request details on their benchmarking process for this RAID configuration, please access ASUS* support by following this link: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk/

Have a nice day,

Santiago A.

"Please be aware that the content on the websites provided is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there."

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MReye15;

We have reviewed your community post, it seems you have tried to post a file or image to the thread; however the file did not uploaded.

Please try to post the file again.

Have a nice day,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
MReye15
New Contributor I

It was perfect, Intel's help has been effective, ASUS had OEM software, for the model with what I achieved speed of 9212 MB / s. It is a great advance that the nvme can be connected directly to the CPU, I have tested it with very demanding games and it is working very well with two intel SSD 760p connected to the CPU and a Samsung PM961 to the PCIe, in an Asus G703GX.

velocidad del RAID 0.png

Thank you,

0 Kudos