Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Lost Gadgets after installing IE11 and Intel HD Graphics Control Tray Icon was activated

LRoan
Beginner

After uninstalling Internet Explorer 11-English and reinstalling IE11-Norwegian I finally succeeded to install IE11 on my six years old Windows 7-64 (Norwegian) laptop. But something happen with the screen/desktop during the re-installation. I noticed that the Intel Graphics Tray Icon also was activated. 10-20-30 months since last time I saw that blue icon in the system tray.

Before these two steps I had 3-4 small Gadgets on the desktop. Now they've disappeared. And they are no longer accessible by right-clicking my desktop and selecting Gadgets. Its not grayed out but nothing happen when i click it. Does this has something with the activation of Intel Graphics? For me it sound more natural that it has something with this detail, rather than Internet Explorer. Any idea how to get the Gadgets back?

( i5-3210M,12GB, 128 SSD, GeForce GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5

Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 )

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LRoan
Beginner

I'm sorry to disturb you with this question. I solved the case by advice here  I right click the desktop and un-selected Show Gadgets, then restarted the computer. After that I re-selected Show Gadgets and then the Gadgets came back! Also the Intel HD Graphics Control Tray disappeared after reboot. Everything is back as normal. Moderator, just delete this thread!

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello LRoan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on how to solve your issue, it is important since other users may be experiencing the same so let's hope others can find this thread.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos