Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Black bar across the bottom of my screen

EPetr9
Beginner

Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 notebook, and i'm having this weird bug where a black bar is constantly present at the bottom of my screen, about 2/3 the size of the task bar. The mouse cursor goes over the bar, and you can click whatever is underneath it like it's not there. Plus, some other graphical bugs, for example, web browsers like Opera present static black lines across it (that go down when you scroll the page, just like text). Also, on the Windows start menu, those app boxes on the right (forgot their name) have a rolling animation, when they roll they glitch out pretty bad, the box goes all fuzzy. I have tried every possible solution related to software and drivers. I have booted Windows in safe mode and the glitches all go away, though the PC runs really crappy and laggy. It seems that when i uninstall Intel Graphics 630, that fixes it, though like i said before, the PC runs like crap.

pic4.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Acer for assistance. Acer is solely responsible for your support and warranty.

Also, you should use only the drivers provided by Acer, and not the Intel generic drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
EPetr9
Beginner

I have tried using their drivers, but no matter what driver i'm running, doesn't change anything. Except when i uninstall Intel Graphics.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Contact acer for support of their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

Change the screen resolution. Go to "Start," then "Control Panel." Click "Adjust Screen Resolution." Click the drop-down menu next to "Resolution," then drag the slider to the "Recommended" setting.

Click "OK." If the black lines on the monitor persist, click the back button until you reach the main menu of the Control Panel. Click "Hardware and Sound." Click "Device Manager."

Expand "Display Adapters," then locate the device driver for the graphics card. If a "!" or "X" symbol is found next to the device, double-click the driver and check the "Device Status" field to determine the problem. Follow the instructions in the box to fix the driver.

Write down the name of the device driver. Go to the "Driver" tab, then write down the provider name, driver date and driver version. Go to the computer or graphics card manufacturer's website.

Go to the product page for the computer or graphics card model. Check the bulletin board, if available, for notifications regarding graphics-related issues. If a post on the bulletin board relates to your issue, read and follow the instructions in the post.

Navigate to the "Download" or "Drivers" page. Check the date and version of the most recent driver available. If the driver on the website is newer than the driver on your computer, download the driver to the PC. If the driver is not newer, return to "Device Manager," then right-click the display adapter. Click "Uninstall."

Double-click the updated driver to upgrade the display adapter. Follow the onscreen directions to complete the install.

Restart your computer when the process is complete.

If this still continues then it may be a hardware failure.

--

Lewis

0 Kudos