Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Cannot see internal signals in ModelSim

CZHE0
Beginner

I'm launching my verilog testbench through Quartus 18.1.0 (Tools -> Run Simulation Tool -> RTL Simulation), which opens up ModelSim 10.5b SE. I go through the following steps:

1) Compile my testbench verilog file.

2) Double click it in the work directory in Library window.

In the Objects window, I only see inputs and outputs, but no internal signals.

After doing some googling, it seems they may have been optimized out and that I need to play around with the vopt argument. I've tried setting VoptFlow = 0 in the modelsim.ini file, as well as re-running these commands in the Transcript window:

vsim -novopt work.my_tb

vsim -voptargs="+acc" work.my_tb

Unfortunately none of this made a difference and I still cannot see internal signals in the Objects window.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Colin,

Okay,

1. Try by deleting the work folder and disabling optimization option in the ModelSim compilation option. (disable in both Verilog and VHDL tab).
  2. Also try by add VoptFlow = 0 in modelsim.ini.

we can see all the signals in the wave window by selecting all items in the design.

If still, you can't see internal signals. I recommend that you ask in the Mentor Forum.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
CZHE0
Beginner

Hi Anand,

I've tried your suggestions but I still cannot see any internal signals. I will post this question in the Mentor community forum.

Thanks.

0 Kudos