Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

How to enable "receiver eye viewer" in Quartus 18 Pro's Trasceiver toolkit?

RDuca
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Arria 10 FPGAs. In Quartus 18.0 Pro, I am using Transceiver toolkit to do a part of the link tuning. The eye diagram is a particularly interesting starting point for link tuning. The whole manipulation works with me. However, when I transfer the design on one of my colleague's computer (I copied the while project directory, bar the qdb directory), where there is a replica of the target and a computer with the same version of Quartus installed, the "Receiver Eye Viewer" button is greyed out in TTK. How to enable it?

Regards,

--

RD

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Deshi_Intel

HI RD,

If you checkout below transceiver toolkit website, you can see that byright eye viewer feature is not supported on Arria 10 FPGA.

So, the question back to you is how do you enabled the feature in one of your Quartus design ? :)

• I am guessing through some Quartus ini hack or earlier Quartus version design that hasn't disable the feature yet

Anyway, the bottom line is you shouldn't use eye viewer feature for Arria 10 FPGA as it's not stable and official support feature.

You can stick with using ttk BER feature to fine tune your design PMA setting.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos