Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

switches off spontaneously

JVoká
Beginner

Hello. I have ridiculous issue with optane. It switches off spontaneously every tuesday evening. Does anybody have similar problem? I am not a PC guy so I don't know what information could help, but I have ssd with system and hdd with data. Optaine is using hdd Seagate Barracuda 2TB. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You need leave at least 5MB of unallocated space in the end of the drive boeing accelerated (i.e. in the end of your 2TB HDD). You may Disk management to shrink the active partition on this drive and leave 5-15MB unallocated space in the end. See the attached image for example.
  2. I suggest that you prepare this space with Optane disabled and then enable the Optane again.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneEnabled.jpeg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You need leave at least 5MB of unallocated space in the end of the drive boeing accelerated (i.e. in the end of your 2TB HDD). You may Disk management to shrink the active partition on this drive and leave 5-15MB unallocated space in the end. See the attached image for example.
  2. I suggest that you prepare this space with Optane disabled and then enable the Optane again.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneEnabled.jpeg

0 Kudos