FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

How to generate matlab files fot FFT IP Core?

MProf
Beginner

Hello can somebody tell me where to find matlab files for this core? in user guide it says that this core should produce some file on its own but I cant find it. I've already tried generating the core more than 3 times

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to Matlab simulation model for FFT. For your information, can you try the following steps:

1. Configure FFT in IP Editor and then save
  2. Then Generate Example Design
  3. In the Matlab_model under the example design folder, you should see the fft_ii_0_example_design_model.m.
0 Kudos
MProf
Beginner

The problem is I can't find the Matlab model. I don't know why it's not generating at all. After I generate example design for the FFT IP Core I got only some vhdl files, verilog files, and a folder synthesis where I can find more vhdl files for the declarations of modules

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. For your information, I have emailed you a zip of the example design generated by CV FFT in Q17.0Std for your reference. You may find the model in Matlab_model folder.

Please help to advise on the specific device and Quartus version that you are using. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
MProf
Beginner

Hi,

I finally managed to find the Matlab model. I'm using Quartus Prime 18.1 Lite Edition and my device is Cyclone IV GX EP4CGX15BF14C8. Now as mentioned in another post I have problem with timeout of the license...

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks lot for your update. Glad to hear that you have managed to locate the Matlab model. Please feel free to let me know if you have any issue getting support for the license related inquiry. I can help to ping the specific team. Thank you.

0 Kudos