FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Need help in developing logic!

GRajp2
Beginner

Hi, All,

I need help in developing logic to solve my problem. I am developing ultrasonic sensor which operates in single or dual mode. In dual mode it requires synchronization signal. Below image is part of the design where I need to take decision on input SYNC signal. When the SYNC signal is connected to CPLD, it gives 3.9 KHz as input and when SYNC signal is disconnected the same pin is pulled high to Vcc (i. e. logic 1). So I need a logic (schematic or VHDL code) which will give me output as per the truth table given below. I tried different logic circuit using gates and FF but not succeed. I tried the VHDL coding also, but its giving error. Please help.SYNC.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

People in Intel community are not here for code for you or implement your project for you so please come with project consisting of HDL coding or *bdf files with appropriate logic that helps to user in community to narrow down your issue or address your issue with proper solution.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
GRajp2
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestions. I am not asking anyone to write code for me. See my subject again and just signal detection can’t be someone’s entire project.

BTW, I had posted this same question on another forum and got a suggestion to ‘implement detector of the rising edge for the sync signal. You could implement counter (startingelectronics dot org/software/VHDL-CPLD-course/tut19-up-down-counter/ ) which would increment every rising edge of SYNC and on every time pulse (say 1ms using m clock), you would check if the counter changed.’

I have implement the logic, below is the code. But it is working only first time connection of sensor. When I disconnect the SYNC signal the output doesn’t goes to low. Please advice the changes, I am beginner in VHDL and not an expert.

library IEEE; use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL; use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;   entity sync_detector is Port ( SYNC : in STD_LOGIC; -- Input SYNC signal PULSE : in STD_LOGIC; -- Input 1.024ms pulse OUTPUT : out bit -- tells SYNC status ); end sync_detector;   architecture Behavioral of sync_detector is signal S0_s : std_logic := '1'; signal counter_running : std_logic := '0'; signal count : STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (3 downto 0):= X"0";   begin S0_s <= not(SYNC); -- Process for 4-bit counter process(S0_s) begin if (S0_s'event and S0_s= '1') then count <= count + '1'; counter_running <= '1'; end if; end process; -- Process to check counter running after each 1.024ms process(PULSE) begin if (PULSE'event and PULSE = '1') then if counter_running = '1' then OUTPUT <= '1'; else OUTPUT <= '0'; end if; end if; end process; end Behavioral;

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please ensure the counter is running or not by tracing the 'count' signal in waveform window.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos