Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Driver & Support Assistant keeps insisting to download the Display driver already installed. Alienware m15

Nikos
Beginner

The latest display driver is already installed according to device manager and Driver & Support Assistant keeps notifying me that I have driver update. Should I need to change anything? Thanks in advance for your help! Nikos.

driver2.pngdriver1.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Clear you browse cache, and it the issue persists, I would remove Intel DSA and only use the Dell tool, Dell SupportAssist for PCs, this tool is the one that you should be running, specially designed and customized for Dell systems, offering custom drivers for your PC. Intel DSA just works with Intel generic drivers.

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/supportassist?lwp=rt

0 Kudos
Nikos
Beginner

Switched to SupportAssist and fixed the problemm. Thanks much! Nikos.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should have been using Dell's driver tool anyway, and not IDSA. Now, with the dell supportassist, watch for wifi slowdowns.

Doc

0 Kudos