Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Quartus installation appears to complete properly but opening any Quartus program fails to launch with "unable to load" various .dll failures

Nathan_G_Intel1
Employee

I have tried installing Prime Pro 18, 19.1 and the Programmer only on Win 10 several times. I've even reimaged a fresh install of Win 10 to try to resolve this failure. No matter which version I install the failure is similar:

"Can't open dockable window -- can't load library "prj_pjnq.dll". The specified module could not be found."

when launching the Prime Pro suite or:

"Can't open editor -- can't load library "pgm_pgmwq.dll". The specified module could not be found."

when launching just the programmer.

My best guess is that some dependency is somehow missing from the base install of Win 10 Pro. This failure is 100% reproducible on my system- HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Desktop Mini with an Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz; 16GB memory and a 512GB SSD. I'm at an impasse on resolving this and getting Quartus to function, any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Could you try to disable your antivirus software and launch Quartus as an administrator?

0 Kudos
Nathan_G_Intel1
Employee

I'm an Intel employee so I can't disable the antivirus but I have launched Quartus as admin and it still fails the same way.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to find the prj_pjnq.dll & pgm_pgmwq.dll files in your quartus/bin64 installation folder?

Could you install the latest Quartus Pro version 19.4 and check again?

0 Kudos