Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7350 Discussions

Intel XMM 7360 LTE-A issues

ZSter1
Beginner

Hello!

I have only 2 pieces of Intel HW in my laptop, and by some irony, I have issues with both of them. I wrote for my woes with the WiFi card in another thread, but now I seek help with the Intel LTE-A modem.

Looking around the interwebs it seems Intel really didn't get lucky with the XMM 7360 LTE-A modem. Everywhere I looked I saw many issues from many users. Now, I decided to see if mine can be rectified.

Ever since I had my laptop from the factory, it had the 7360 in it preinstalled. My laptop also had Windows 10 already factory-installed.

Even after the first time I ran Windows update I got a driver update for the 7360, which turned to be actually a firmware update.

Ever since Windows 10 pushed some other FW updates for the 7360 disguised as driver updates. Last one was the Fibocomm FW 18500.5001.81.1 installed on November 2019.

No matter what driver or FW version I was (or still am) my LTE-A modem is still spontaneously disconnecting from the system. Each time I can even hear the Windows sound for new HW detected / connected when the modem is disconnected / reconnected to the system.

All kinds of complete system wipe outs and driver re-installations the intermittent modem flapping is still present. Judging also from what I saw around the web, I think I far from being the only one who is experiencing similar behavior with this ill-fated modem.

Any help is more than welcome!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello ZSter1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Our recommendation for the issue that is happening on the system since the issue is happening after a Windows® 10 update and it points to hardware connecting and disconnecting, is to contact the laptop's manufacturer.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZSter1
Beginner

P.S. I forgot to mention that the only error events I have are some events for UICC iso card, which appears to be the USIM card driver for the modem.

No other error events are recorded when the modem looses connection to the system.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello ZSter1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Our recommendation for the issue that is happening on the system since the issue is happening after a Windows® 10 update and it points to hardware connecting and disconnecting, is to contact the laptop's manufacturer.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ZSter1
Beginner

I generally agree with you, @LeoC_Intel​ , believe me.

However, digging around the internet one can see many similar issues with many other users and laptop OEM, i.e. the least common denominator is 'XMM7360 + issues'. I would really hope Intel worked more closely with the OEM no matter where the complaint comes from. Otherwise it's just a vicious circle where everyone is pointing at everyone else.

0 Kudos
justinjtownsend
Beginner

Hi (to the thread),

I agree with the issues presented here by @Leonardo_C_Intel , @ZSter1 . I purchased a brand new laptop (supposedly with integrated mobile broadband) from a reputable laptop manufacturer. On receiving the laptop I discovered the same issues you have described with the XMM 7360 LTE-A.

The manufacturer gave me a driver update, though since the laptop was brand new it shouldn't really have needed one. This successfully installed the driver, but still did not recognise the Fibocom L850-GL connected to the slot. I still couldn't connect and re-raised the issue with the manufacturer. Only then did they send me a replacement Fibocom L850-GL and after swapping out the hardware in question it is now working.

So... are the hardware manufacturers also installing faulty parts just to ship the device. Hmm, unclear. In any case, this hasn't been a straightforward fix and it shouldn't have been necessary for a laptop that isn't quite a month old today.

You're not alone. I told the laptop manufacturer the same.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
GavDaniels
Beginner

Typical Intel Response

Their product and drivers are defective, but push it back to the integrator to wear the blame

0 Kudos
GavDaniels
Beginner

Hey

Would have to agree, this thing is a pig of a card.

Have had it working for 2 weeks only. In a 6 month old Laptop.

Received a Microsoft Driver forced update, then it would connect to the carrier, but would not allow traffic routing over the link.

I uninstalled the device, then reinstalled the latest drivers from HP, and now it displays as a system device, and the install of some other option to do with the card fails.

And something is trying to complete the install, as the hardware device manager keeps pinging about something.

Temped to open the laptop and rip the **bleep**e out!!

HP Response, re-image the laptop. Then spend 20 odd hours re-installing all the support software again.

Its an Intel Product, how about releasing a driver that works!!!

0 Kudos
boogiejoe23
Beginner

@GavDaniels 

If you look at your devices properties, you'll see that the actual manufacturer is Microsoft

0 Kudos