Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

DSP Builder file not running.

TTyag
Beginner

I have a DSP Builder model saved in MATLAB. I am opening the same using MATLAB2013a with Quartus II 15.0 version (both compatible as per the Intel website). But the MATLAB crashes as soon as I try to open the file.

Can it due to the version of the MATLAB in which the file was originally designed (2016a)?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are observing issue when trying to open a design from 2016a in 2013a. For your information, the crash issue might be due to incompatibility. It is recommended for you to use the same version ie 2016a or later.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
TTyag
Beginner

Hi,

I am now using the MATLAB 2017b and Quartus II 18.0 (both compatible again as per https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/intellectual-property/dsp/dsp-builder/ips-dsp-version.html). But now the DSP Builder blockset is not showing up in the Simulink library. I am stuck with this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. As I understand it, you are not observing DSP builder blockset in the simulink library. Just to ensure we are on the same page, just wonder if you are referring to Advanced blockset or Standard blockset? What is the specific FPGA device that you are using?

Also, mind share with me the step on how you install the DSP Builder just to isolate potential installation issue. Generally we would need to install Quartus and Matlab first, then only followed by DSP Builder. Please feel free to share with me some screenshots if you have followed this sequence but still observe missing blockset in library.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
TTyag
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Just now I was able to get the blockset in the simulink library. I clicked on "DSP Builder- Start in Matlab 2017b".

The only problem is that my MATLAB runs very slow.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you have managed to find the blockset now.

0 Kudos