Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Q965 Screen drawing anomaly on Win 10

MBail14
Beginner

I know it's an old chipset, but wondering if there are any settings changes I can make to solve issue of "split screen 90 deg mirrored" display below? This with WDDM 1.0 and 1.1 drivers. Thanks.

Clipboard01.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The Q965 is from 2006 and long discontinued.

You are running the Microsoft generic driver for windows 10, which lacks features and performance, which is all there is.

Doc

0 Kudos
MBail14
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I am in fact running the "Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family" driver version 8.15.10.1930. I've also run the newer "WDDM 1.1" version 8.15.10.2697. Both exhibit the same display problem with some older Windows applications. I can instead run the "Microsoft Basic Display" driver and these programs display properly, but then my PC is prevented from entering Sleep.

What I was looking for is any suggestions on settings or features of the Intel driver that I might disable in an attempt to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I know what you were looking for. However, your processor and graphics chipset are not supported on Windows 10, and all you have is the Microsoft generic driver.

Rather than try and make a 14-year old machine work, you should get a new(er) machine that is supported by Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos