Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Well my i5 9400f has been starting to get extremely high CPU usages (90-100%) while my GPU has been at around 40ish%. This has started to cause pretty bad stuttering/FPS drops in game. My GPU is a 1660 6GB so there shouldn't be any sort of bottleneck.

mblac9
Beginner

0 Kudos
11 Replies
mblac9
Beginner

I would do literally anything to try and fix this problem I'm so stressed trying to just find an answer...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should contact nvidia or the manufacturer of your video card.

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an INtel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mblac9,

If you need further assistance, please provide us with the system report requested by Al.Hill.

Wanner G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
mblac9
Beginner

I ran a system scan i was told to run by someone here in the comments and this is what i got, not sure if it'll help but there you go. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mblac9,

Thank you for the update.

We will review this report to update this thread as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mblac9,

We would like to provide an update.

The issue you are experiencing can be caused by hardware, temperature, or game optimization issues. 

First, we would like to check the health of the processor.

• Now, some games are CPU-intensive or GPU intensive. This depends on how the game was optimized. What is the game you are having issues with?
  • Does this behavior happen while running other games? Use third-party tools to monitor GPU, CPU and RAM usage and temperatures while in-game. Please attach screenshots.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mblac9,

Were you able to follow the recommendations provided.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mblac9,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread.

If you have further questions, please open a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MBurd3
Beginner

Hello. I want to say that the same problem with the i5 9400. In games, the processor consumes 100%. Since the computer was assembled recently, I had something to compare. And even for comparison, I loaded saving the game in Cities Skyines with the same graphics settings, as a result, the old processor on the Intel Core i7 3630QM laptop shows better results than the i5 9400. What is the problem, help solve it.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MBurd3,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

If you are still experiencing this issue with your Intel® Core™ i5-9400 Processor, please create a new thread. We will be glad to help you. This is mainly because the issue reported on this thread involves an Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos