Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

License Clarification on Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel-CSME-Detection-Tool

SNaga19
Beginner

Hi Team,

I have been into End User Device team for managing 70k laptops and desktops. we have been using Lenovo and HP for our most of the workstations.

recently, we have been asked to identify all the vulnerable machines in the estate against CVE-2019-0090 Vulnerability in Intel Processor's Converged Security and Management Engine (CSME).

I would like to understand that, running or deploying the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Detection Tool on all laptops requires any license or any cost from our end as we are using 100% genuine procured devices.

Regards,

Saravanan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

SNaga19, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, about if deploying the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Detection Tool on all the laptops requires any license or any cost the answer is no, it does not require a license and it has no cost, you can download the tool from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel-CSME-Detection-Tool

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos