Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

i cant update my intel 630 uhd to Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

rabej
Beginner

im trying to update but im gettingg error it said

the driver being installed is not validated for this computer please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manifacturer but lenovo does not have any update for lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 15irh plss help me to update my driver

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Usually I'm not recommend to install drivers downloaded from Intel site on laptops, since you may loose some customization. However in this case try "clean" installation of the latest Intel driver:

1. Download the latest Intel Driver Version: 26.20.100.7985
  2. Disconnect the internet.
  3. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
  4. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  5. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.7985
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
rabej
Beginner

should i update my driver?? is this really needed?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If your laptop works to your satisfaction, you don't have to update this driver. However if you want to update this driver this is the method to install DCH driver for first time after having installed the legacy driver. In the future, Windows will push this update and the update will fail. The correct way to install the DCH driver for first time is the clean installation as described above.

Leon

0 Kudos