Items with no label
3335 Discussions

When I start up my NUC6i3SYH the sound doesn't work. I'm running windows 10. Troubleshooting or restarting doesn't help, but if I unplug the power from the back of the NUC, while it's on and plug it back in the sound always works when I power it back on.

negge
Beginner
0 Kudos
22 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

How the audio works after fully shutdown: hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then click the “Shut down” option in the Start Menu ?

Leon

Edit: Now I saw that you open a second thread with the same question. One thread is enough.

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner

Second thread was a a error. Sorry, I'm confused what you mean, are you suggesting what to do, or asking me a question? I did try shutting down while holding the shift key and the sound still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You understand correctly my intention. It was suggestion. During normal shutdown, part of the Windows is stored on drive in order to accelerate startup. While pressing shift + shut down, the windows is shut down completely and during start is initialized. Since that probably there is no problem in Windows initialization, I suggest that you should perform Bios update using Bios Recovery from Power Button Menu method:
  2. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC). Save the Bios file SY0072.bio on this stick and insert it into front USB slot with amber color (NUC shall be OFF). You may use also one of the rear USB ports (do not use front blue USB port, since sometime the USB stick is not recognized during boot process).
  3. Press and hold Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003,1004. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu. You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override or when the Power Button LED changes color from blue to amber.
  4. Press F4 and the recovery shall start (it can take up to 30 seconds for messages to appear on the screen).
  5. When the recovery finishes, press on Power Button and hold it, until NUC switches OFF. Pull out the power cord. Remove the USB stick.
  6. Replace the power cord and press Power Button to switch the computer to ON.
  7. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
  8. Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
  9. If before update, you have customized bios settings, you can enter again to Bios setting to change the necessary settings. 
  10. If the Bios recovery will still not help, please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. Using the "Paper clip", please attach the file with the results to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
I followed all your instructions and everything happened as you said, but the sound still doesn't work. I did the SSU scan but forum won't let me attach it to my post, it says. * * You can only upload these file types: 7z, ai, bmp, bz2, c, cdr, cpp, css, csv, cxx, dib, dmp, doc, docx, eml, eps, f, f90, for, gif, gz, gzip, h, i, ico, icproj, img, jfif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, log, mdb, mdl, mov, mp4, odp, ods, odt, pdf, pjpeg, png, pps, ppsx, ppt, pptx, psd, qar, rar, rtf, rtx, sel, sig, sln, tar, tbz2, tgz, tif, tiff, txt, txz, v, vcproj, vcxproj, vfproj, vhd, vtt, wks, xcf, xls, xlsx, xml, xz, zip. * * Attach up to 10 files 1. I tried to attach it to this email and it doesn't look like thats working either.
0 Kudos
negge
Beginner

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. SYSKLi35.86A.0051.2016.0804.1114, 8/4/2016

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should save the scan results as in .txt file format. See the attached video clip.
  2. You should attach this txt file to your post, using a paper clip, below right bottom corner.
  3. One more question. The audio which you are locking for is from HDMI connection or from front audio socket?

Leon

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
OK I'll try that. It from the front audio socket.
0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
I changed the format and posted it.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @negge​ 

I can't see any document attached to your post

Leon

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I saw the SSU report you sent. You didn't follow my instructions for Bios Recovery. You have still the old Bios version 0051 installed (instead of 0072). This is four years old Bios. After update, remember to set Bios to default settings (as described in para. 8 in my post above).
  2. Also your Windows is not updated. You have version 1903 installed and the last version is 1909.
  3. Please download and install the Realtek Audio Driver.
  4. Next time, if you want attach the SSU report, please do not open new thread, attach it to your post ind this thread.

Leon

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
Sorry about that..I wansn't aware I was not updated.. I'll download that..I was trying to attach it to my thread, guess I need to figure out how to do that..
0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
I followed your instructions exactly, I even did it again. I don't know how to update the bios to 0072. I've updated windows to 1909 and downloaded the realtek driver
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @negge​ ,

1. You are one step forward, since you have Windows updated.
  2. Please update the Realtek Audio Driver as well.
  3. I understand that you didn't succeed update your Bios. Please give more details where the process failed? Please give reference to my post describing how to do this:
  • Did you prepared USB media, fully formatted in Windows (as per para. 2)?
  • Did you succeed to boot into Power Button Menu (described in para. 3 and see the attached image)?
  • Did the recovery started and you saw the stages of recovery on your screen (see para. 4).
  • Did the recovery failed?

4. Since you have problem to express your self in English, you may write in your language and we can translate it.

Leon

powerButtonMenu.jpg

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
Yes, I did prepare the prepare the USB correctly in Windows, the system booted in the Power Button Mode and the recovery was achieved. I was successful at everything you've instructed me to do, except for the updating of the bios to 0072. I cannot seem to find a link or way to do that.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I don't understand what you mean by saying "I was successful at everything you've instructed me to do, except for the updating of the bios to 0072"? Can you describe as I've asked (in relation to the paragraph numbers in my post), which paragraphs failed? How it failed? what was the output on the screen? Your computer will not work correctly with Bios 0051. However, I can't understand you. Write in any language you know. I will use translator.

Leon

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
How can you not understand? " I was successful at everything you've instructed me to do, except for the updating of the bios to 0072." Nothing failed, everything on my computer works quite well, with bios 0051, even the sound works again.The only thing I'd like to know, is how to update the bios to 0072.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. If you did Bios update per my instructions and your audio is working, probably you have the Bios updated to version 0072. My instruction for Bios recovery was all about "how to update the bios to 0072." Why you think your audio started to work?
  2. Click on Windows key + R. Run command msinfo32 . Press OK.
  3. In the list click on line BIOS Version/Date
  4. Click on Edit and then Copy.
  5. Past the copied line to your post. I'll check the current version of Bios you have.

Leon

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. SYSKLi35.86A.0051.2016.0804.1114, 8/4/2016
  2. You didn't successfully follow my instructions. You have still 4 years old Bios version 0051.
  3. I can't communicate with you. With regret, I'm finishing my support to this thread.

Leon

0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
Your original instructions, #8 instructs me to set bios to default settings, it said nothing about updating to latest version. I assumed on #9 where it says, "If before update....", you meant setting bios to default settings, was the update. I have never customized any bios settings.
0 Kudos
negge
Beginner
I followed your instructions exactly and was successful at everything you asked me to do. Everything worked just as you said it would. You never mentioned anything about updating to the latest bios version. Your wrong to say, I haven't followed your instructions.
0 Kudos