Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Firmware Download API for NVMe Devices(example source code)

HOrib
Beginner

Does anyone know where I can find an example source code to use Firmware Download API for NVMe SSD?

I am trying to implement a firmware dowload by referring to a document called "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Private API Support: NVMe* Pass-through API, Firmware Download API and AER API" but having a hard time makeing it work.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

HOrib, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, Intel® normally does not provide any kind of example source code, however, in order for us to do further research on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details:

Are you a developer?

Is there any particular reason why you need that information?

Are you working on a project?

If so, what is the project about?

Did you try to submit your inquiry in our Intel® Developer Zone site?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/home

Please provide the SSU report, to attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
HOrib
Beginner

Mr. Albert R,

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate any additional information regarding the Firmware Download API for Intel RST.

>Are you a developer? 

Yes, we develop and manufacture industrial grade SSDs and motherboards(both Intel and ARM based).

>Is there any particular reason why you need that information?

We would like to add an SSD's firmware update capability to our software tool when Intel RST driver is installed.

>Are you working on a project?

Yes, we are developing industrial SSD(firmware) and a software tool(works on Windows 10) that allows to monitor health status of SSDs and also support firmware update.

>If so, what is the project about?

Industrial grade NVMe SSD development(firmware, hardware, and management software)

>Did you try to submit your inquiry in our Intel Developer Zone site?

No, I haven't. Do you recommend to submit our inquiry to the Intel Developer Zone site?

Best regards,

HOrib

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi HOrib, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Yes, that is correct, for this specific topic the best thing to do will be to visit, sign in and submit your inquiry in the Intel® Developer Zone site, they will further assist you with this subject in there.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
HOrib
Beginner

​Mr. Albert R,

Thank you very much for your confirmation.  I will submit our inquiry to the Intel Develper Zone site.

Best regards,

HOrib

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi HOrib, Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, excellent, they will be able to assist you in finding the information you are looking for in there.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos