Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Whenever I try to install the latest drivers it tells me install failed to start. Any solutions please?

JCaru1
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should give more information:
  2. You Windows version?
  3. Your computer/CPU model?
  4. Since, you posted this question in Graphics forum, I assume that you have problem to update the Graphics Driver. If you have Windows updated and your CPU is 6th generation or newer, use this time Manual Update procedure:
  5. Download the latest DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.8190 (yes this is the latest DCH Graphics Driver)
  6. Disconnect the internet.
  7. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
  8. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  9. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.8190
  10. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

SRive8
Beginner

Hello! This is someone else with the same problem! I just wanted to be sure. I downloaded the latest driver and never did it manually before. I just wanted to know if I extract the files of the winrar file or just leave it in?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download the igfx_win10_100.8190.exe file (instead of zip archive). Double click on the downloaded .exe file, wait and the install will begin. Follow the procedure from my post (i.e. uninstall the old driver first).

Leon

0 Kudos