Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

How to enable VT-X when the option is hidden in BIOS

OMohr
Beginner

I need to enable vt-x technology (virtualization) but i don't have the option to do that in the BIOS. It's an Acer Aspire V5 561G-9643 and he CPU is a i7 4500U.

Is there any way to tweak the BIOS or to change any register value in order to enable it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Oliver! Welcome to the Embedded Community! I checked with Casey, our product support engineer for embedded products and he said,

The CPU you have specified does indeed support Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x). The features included in the BIOS are enabled/disabled via the system manufacturer. If an expected 

option does not exist in the BIOS, it could be that the feature is not supported. To investigate, you should contact the system manufacturer, Acer, to determine if a BIOS update is available that contains the options for which you are looking.

The ability to enable virtualization technology is often times named something else in the system 

BIOS. It is also possible that the option exists in a BIOS menu that doesn't 'fit' the user expectations. Again, check with the system manufacturer to see if they can point you to the option in the existing, or newer, system BIOS.
0 Kudos