Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Intel package installation

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to find out why I got some automated reinstallation about Intel(R) drivers.

Some packages are called back by the ccmexec service but others seems to be inplace temporary in the folder named C:\spxxxx\bin\install.cmd 

the install.cmd is a kind of installCmd wrapper that is logging the installation.

I need to understand the process of intel drivers installations the only information that I have is: 

the source Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service (ME_DAL_x64.msi) is using the SetupME.exe process that is calling the cmd.exe process to launch the install.cmd into the C:\SpXXXX\Bin\

I see that this reinstallation is launch every hour and i see no task scheduler about it.

What is triggering this installation every hour?

How intel drivers has been downloaded onto the computer and what is the mecanic of the installation ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply.

We missing some information that we have requested.

Please let us paraphrase and add more information we need to have a clear idea of the reported situation, so we need to address the following questions:

What is the brand of the devices related to this situation and their part numbers? 

What are the part numbers of the Intel processors related to the mentioned condition? 

Could you please clarify if the drivers related to the reported situation have been downloaded from the following website?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Anonymous:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your consultation, but we want to address the following questions:

Could you please let us know if this situation is related to a third-party device or a design developed by you? Please mention the name of the manufacturer and the part number of the device.

What are the part numbers of the processors related to this situation? 

Where do you download the drivers' update tool related to the reported condition?

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please let us know if this situation is related to a third-party device or a design developed by you? Please mention the name of the manufacturer and the part number of the device.

--> Third party device

What are the part numbers of the processors related to this situation? 

-->It is not only about processor driver, its everything from Managed Engine 

Where do you download the drivers' update tool related to the reported condition?

-->This is what I need to find out.

The case of that discussion is: 

I need to know from Intel perspective, is there any mecanical steps (from Intel) on a Windows device that is periodically download / extract and automate installation of these ME package drivers ? Do Intel is using the Windows Installer service by itself to install his own updates? 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply.

We missing some information that we have requested.

Please let us paraphrase and add more information we need to have a clear idea of the reported situation, so we need to address the following questions:

What is the brand of the devices related to this situation and their part numbers? 

What are the part numbers of the Intel processors related to the mentioned condition? 

Could you please clarify if the drivers related to the reported situation have been downloaded from the following website?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos