Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Advanced tab missing in Network Adapter properties after installing 28.2 version of Network Adapter

ForumResearcher

Hello forum members,

I recently updated my Intel X540-AT2 Network Card on a Windows Server 2012 R2 system to the latest version 28.2. This update included both the driver package and the Intel® PROSet package, which I downloaded from the official Intel website.

However, I have noticed that the "Advanced" tab in the Network Adapter properties is no longer visible after this update. This "Advanced" tab was previously where I accessed various advanced settings and configurations for my network adapter.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or does anyone have insight into why the "Advanced" tab might be missing with this update?
Any help or suggestions on how to access these advanced settings or restore the missing tab would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

Good day. Just an update for a workaround on this issue.

Assuming you updated the drivers using the autorun feature, you may try to perform the drivers update again by manually updating them.

To find the particular file for your X540-AT2 drivers, please refer the below directory

Downloads\Release_28.2.1\PROXGB\Winx64\WS2022\ixs.sys

Then you may upload the file via the device manager. Follow the guide below on how to perform the driver update manually:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022174/ethernet-products.html

You may try to perform this workaround and let us know accordingly.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Faez_Intel

Hi there!

Good day and thank you for reaching out to the Intel Community Support.

Understood that you have performed the NIC update recently and causes the advance tab.

Are you able to provide a screenshot on where did you see the advanced tab has gone missing? Also, may I know if you have done a restart to the server and if the same issue still persisted?

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
ForumResearcher

Hi Faez_Intel,

Thanks for your reply. I have attached the screenshot of where the Advanced tab is missing.

I have also restarted the server, but the issue still persists.

I'm not sure why the Advanced tab is missing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi There!

Good day and thank you for providing the info requested.

For this matter, please kindly help to gather the SSU logs for us to analyze further on the NIC itself. Refer the link below on how to gather the logs:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Also, may I know what is the status of the NIC itself after you have performed the update? Are you still able to perform any connections?

Kindly let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hello,

Good day. This is a follow up on this thread. Please kindly help to gather the SSU logs for us to analyze further on the issue. Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
ForumResearcher

We encountered an issue with Wake-on-LAN (WOL). After removing the Virtual Switch and upgrading to version 28.2, despite the advanced tab still being missing, WOL is now functioning correctly.

I have attached the SSU logs as requested. Please find them in the attached file.

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

Thank you for the logs.

Based on the logs we can see that the the drivers are installed and loaded accordingly.

For this particular issue, you may want to check on the OS side as updating the drivers do not modify the properties tab on the Windows. You may get in touch with the OS support team for further assistance.

Thank you,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

Good day. Just an update for a workaround on this issue.

Assuming you updated the drivers using the autorun feature, you may try to perform the drivers update again by manually updating them.

To find the particular file for your X540-AT2 drivers, please refer the below directory

Downloads\Release_28.2.1\PROXGB\Winx64\WS2022\ixs.sys

Then you may upload the file via the device manager. Follow the guide below on how to perform the driver update manually:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022174/ethernet-products.html

You may try to perform this workaround and let us know accordingly.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

Good day. This is a follow up on this thread. Please kindly let us know if you need any further assistance for this thread.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. Since we haven't heard from you for quite some time, we will proceed with the closure of the thread.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this community thread and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you. 

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi ForumResearcher,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. Since we haven't heard from you for quite some time, we will proceed with the closure of the thread.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this community thread and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
ForumResearcher

we have installed the Network driver from the Complete driver pack link that you shared ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022174/ethernet-products.html  ) . The version installed was 28.2 and presently the advanced tab is visible and WOL is working as well.

0 Kudos