Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Cannot load unsigned iqvlinux module for Network Connection Tools

PIE5-6694
Beginner

Hello,

Per "Intel Network Connections Tools 28.3 PV LAN Software Tools" ID 348742 Date 2023-12-22, install.txt > "Installing the Tool on Linux," "In order to run tools on Linux*, a driver stub must be built and installed on the system."

However, the iqvlinux module included with the tools is unsigned, and while compiling succeeds, loading is rejected with, "Loading of unsigned module is rejected".

Running the LANConf GUI shows the message, "QV Driverless Mode", and running the EEUpdate CLI shows the message, "Error: Connection to the QV driver failed - please reinstall it! Driverless mode."

SecureBoot must be enabled on this system.  Is there a signed version of the driver or a  sponsored work-around available?

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Greetings for the Day!

Hope you are doing well. Could you please share a snapshot of the error you are facing? Additionally, please let us know which network card you are using. This information will help us provide better support."

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
PIE5-6694
Beginner

Hello Azeem, thank you for your reply.

We're using the embedded D-1732TE Ethernet controller [https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/226106/intel-xeon-d-1732te-processor-15m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz.html] with LEK 7.0/CEI, "Ethernet Connection E823-L for SFP", but respectfully, I don't think this driver issue is at all hardware related.  I should be able to install the Intel Network Connection Tools" without a network card in the system.  The snapshot of the error from my perspective as the user is precisely the OP, but please LMK if there's a way to obtain additional error text.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Please help us with system information and confirm if the ethernet connection embedded on the system.

Regards,

Dinesh.

0 Kudos
PIE5-6694
Beginner

Hi Dinesh,

It is, the Intel D1732-TE SoC features an embedded E810 ethernet controller.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Regarding the inquiry on Connection to the QV driver failing, you may post your inquiry at our embedded support at

https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en 

for them to further assist you. Thank you.

Regards,

Dinesh.

0 Kudos
PIE5-6694
Beginner

Hi Dinesh,

When I'm logged into Intel and I click that link, I receive "Page Not Found".  I need to get this question to the right channel, so please let me know exactly where to repost it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Please share the screenshot of error page.

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
PIE5-6694
Beginner

PIE56694_0-1711380842040.png

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Greetings for the Day!

Thank you for sharing the error snapshot. Please try using the following link to post your query. Additionally, could you please confirm if we can proceed to close the case?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Products/ct-p/embedded-products

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
PIE5-6694
Beginner

Thanks you,

I made a best effort earlier, and I it was right, but please confirm [this] is the right place for the post.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Greetings for the Day!

Thank you for your response. Since you mentioned that the link provided earlier was not working, I am sharing a different link for you. Please use this link to post your question in the right channel.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Products/ct-p/embedded-products

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello PIE5-6694,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to inform you that we are proceeding with the case closure. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos