Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4882 Discussions

I219-V causing DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when PC goes to sleep and network cable connected?

Hawkes__Rycharde
New Contributor I

Hi,

I've been trying to diagnose the source of the driver power state failures and I believe the cause is my I219-V driver because if the network cable is disconnected, the PC sleeps and resumes normally.  However, when it is connected, I get the BSOD.

This problem started suddenly around 3 weeks ago after trouble-free running for a year or two.  I've updated the driver to 12.19.1.37 but the problem persists.

Anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Hawkes__Rycharde,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check and investigate the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot of the BSOD?
  3. What was change in the system when you start having this issue?
  4. Are you waking the system from S5 state?
  5. Can you share the link of your latest driver?
  6. Are you using an onboard i219-V?
  7. Please provide the brand and model of your board or system.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Hawkes__Rycharde,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the details that we requested below for us to further assist you.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot of the BSOD?
  3. What was change in the system when you start having this issue?
  4. Are you waking the system from S5 state?
  5. Can you share the link of your latest driver?
  6. Are you using an onboard i219-V?
  7. Please provide the brand and model of your board or system.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Hawkes__Rycharde
New Contributor I

I think I have found the trigger for this.  It was a rogue Raspberry PI 4 device plugged into the same switch as the PC.  I couldn't diagnose what exactly was happening because I had to power-cycle the device but I suspect it was emitting a lot of/malformed packets that interfered with caused the driver to fall over when (I presume) going to sleep.  It was also impacting other network functions like DHCP.  I no longer have any problems.

For the record, the PC was running Windows 10, the motherboard was an Asus Z390 Maximus XI Hero using an on-board I219-V.

Thanks,

Rych

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Hawkes__Rycharde,

Thank you so much for the update and I am glad that everything is working now.

Since you there is no more issue, we need to close the thread. If you need our assistance again in the future, please post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos