Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4923 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Connections (7) i219-v is stuck at 100mb/s

svand23
Beginner

I have 250mb/s inetrnet connection, yet the Intel Ethernet Connections (7) i219-v seems to be stuck at 100mb/s. How do I change the settings so it will go to 1 GB/s as it should be able to handle?

And yes I have:

• updated the drivers
  • Checked if the cable is not damaged
  • Checked if the cable can handle more than 100mb/s
  • Had a technician from my cable company check my router etc.
  • Checked if other devices in my home run at 250mb/s (they do).

Hope someone can help :)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello svand23,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query.

1.)You've mentioned that you have 'other devices' at home that runs at 250mb/s. Can you share the model of your 'other devices'?

2.) Please double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit).

3.) System Support Utility(SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. We would also appreciate if you can share the SSU log from your other devices getting 250mb/s.

Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
svand23
Beginner

Hi,

While I following your instructions I discovered that the problem has been resolved. The adapter now allows for max 1GB.

I have no idea how, becauses yesterday it still said 100mb/s but the main thing is that it works satisfactory now.

Tx for your help!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello svand23,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the issue was now resolved. Please be informed that we will now proceed with request closure. In case you have any other assistance needed in the future, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos