Network Adapter (X710-DA4 OCP3.0) not recognized on Supermicro server

EcSDu
Beginner

The problem:
I have bought server: Supermicro Hyper A++ Server 1115HS-TNR
With network adapter: X710-DA4 OCP3.0
+ Quad Port SFP

BIOS Report: Network Adapter not recognized

(see attachment - bios supermicro server prob.jpg)

Questions:

- why this card doesn't work and what to do?

- are those (listed above) hardware compatible?

What I tried: I can't do anything exept asking in forums or some mailing because every suitable support service require S/N, which I do not have access to! as the server boxed in DC.

Kindly help with the issue as soon as possible, so I will be able to contact shop based on any additional info.
Thank you !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Meghak
Employee

Hi EcSDu,

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

Please allow us some time to review the issue reported and we will get back with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Megha K

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi EcSDu,

I hope this message finds you well.

I understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the connection issue you're experiencing with the Supermicro Hyper A++ Server 1115HS-TNR and the X710-DA4 network adapter.

We will try to address this issue, please follow the instructions outlined below:

• Review Specifications: Take a moment to review the specifications and compatibility lists provided by Supermicro for the Hyper A++ Server 1115HS-TNR. This documentation should provide insights into compatible network adapter models and any specific requirements.

• BIOS Settings Verification: Access the server's BIOS settings and verify whether there are any settings related to PCIe devices or network adapters that may require adjustment. Ensure that the PCIe slot is enabled and configured correctly.

• Test Network Adapter: If feasible, attempt to test the X710-DA4 network adapter in another compatible system. By doing so, we can determine whether the issue lies with the adapter itself or with the server.

If, after performing these steps, the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further assistance. Their expertise and resources may prove invaluable in resolving the issue and ensuring the proper functioning of the network adapter.

Warm regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
EcSDu
Beginner

1) I'm DEVOP myself. The server I bought from Supermicro located in DataCenter in another country then I physically not am. And bc of this problem with the network adapter I can not manage my server remotely at all. Still there are engeneers who I pay to, are able to work with the server... 
but, looking ahead a little, they do not want to install drivers without 100% confirmation from retailer (Intel). They say if we don't know exactly the drivers are compatible it will be so much time waste., whatever ..

2) recently we had our many days long e-mail discussion with Supermicro engeneer and he finally said they have not tested this system with this card , they generally tested only little scope HW with this system. ... 

Sadly, but reviewing docs provided by Supermicro for the Hyper A++ Server 1115HS-TNR couldn't help at all.

3) So I have: engeneers in DC who ready to do job, but need to sure what drivers for system to install (or some custom FW?).

I suppose, as the server's BIOS provided by Supermicro, it does not properly detect this card, bc the card is not Supermicro's, so OS probably should detect them ... 

hope you help me investigate and provide clear solution
Thank you

0 Kudos