Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Permanently disable Killer Prioritization Engine?

BDub910
Beginner

The Killer Prioritization Engine keeps turning on each time I get on my machine. It is limiting my upload speeds from 900+ Mbps to under 2 Mbps. It took hours and an unnecessary new modem sent to me from AT&T before I found this. Now that I have found it and turned it off, it keeps turning itself back on in the Killer Intelligence Center.

How can I permanently turn that feature off?

Will removing the KIC have any adverse effects? Will it prevent the Ethernet controller from operating at capacity?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BDub910,

Greetings for the day!

I hope you're doing well. Could you please share a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, could you provide the product details for which you are experiencing issues?

Best Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BDub910,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Permanently disable Killer Prioritization Engine?) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Feel free to reply to this email, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BDub910,

Greetings for the day!

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're eager to ensure a swift resolution and would appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

Feel free to reply to this email, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Azeem

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BDub910,

Greetings for the day!

This is the third follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're committed to ensuring a swift resolution and would greatly appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

If we don't hear back from you soon, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and will proceed to close the case.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos