Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4905 Discussions

Urgent: Critical Issues with Intel I226-V Network Driver and MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR5 Motherboard

MalikH
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I have encountered a critical issue with my new PC build featuring an MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR5 motherboard, Intel Core i5-13600K, 32GB RAM (Base Clock speed). I have installed Windows 11 and am currently unable to establish an internet connection, despite my best troubleshooting efforts.

Specifically, I downloaded and installed the recommended Intel Network Driver version 2.1.1.3 and Intel Wifi Driver version 22.180.0.4 directly from the MSI website. Unfortunately, the installation did not resolve my internet connectivity issues.

The Intel WiFi Driver gives the error code 43 and uninstalling, rebooting doesn't resolve this issue. 

Furthermore, another issue arises post-installation of the Intel Network Driver 2.1.1.3 for the Intel I226-V Ethernet Controller. Once the installation process completes, my mouse and keyboard immediately become unresponsive. Restarting the system then leads to either an endless boot loop or a series of blue screen errors. The only way to bypass this is to boot into Safe Mode, where I discover that the newly installed driver has been removed.

To rule out other potential conflicts, I have tried:

• Installing older versions of network drivers
  • Updating to the newest and reverting to older versions of BIOS (Current version: AMI BIOS7D91vH7)
  • Fully shutdown and power cycled the PC multiple times
  • Installing Windows 10 with the corresponding drivers

Despite these steps, I continue to experience these issues, which has led me to suspect that the Ethernet/Wifi Adapter may be faulty.

I kindly request your immediate assistance to resolve this matter, as it has rendered my new system unusable. Your expertise and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Malik Hilman

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Faez_Intel

Hi Malik,

Good day and thank you for reaching out the Intel Community Support.

Understood that you have an unresponsive system after performing the network driver update on your newly built systems.

For this matter, may I know if you only seeing the code 43 on the Wifi Driver or with the I226-V NIC as well? Also, since this is a newly built system, before to the latest version, was the same issue persisted if you have done another clean install of the Windows OS?

Please do note that since this is a OEM onboard NIC, for replacement of the NIC you will need to get in touch with the OEM accordingly for the replacement. Kindly let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Malik,

Good day. This is a follow up on the thread.

Please kindly provide the requested details for us to assist you further on this matter. Do let us know as well if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Malik,

Good day. Since we haven't heard from you for some time now, we will proceed with the thread closure for now.

If you have any other questions, you may reply to this community thread or create a new thread and we will assist you accordingly.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos