FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6371 Discussions

dsp builder not work with megawizard functions?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello i have a problem with a project who has instanciate megawizard functions and i want to import it to dsp builder with the hdl import block. 

i do the compile in hdl import ,do the analysis and synthesis and matlab give me the error: 

The design contains a block of unsupported type 'lpm_ff'. 

at the beguining in the hdl import says that only support for a determinate types of LPM/megafunctons, and the user guide says if i want to import lpm-megafunctions that are dont supported by the hdl import block i have to build it with the subsystem builder block but don't says how i can include it in my project. 

i have maked a lpm-ff in vhdl with the megawizard plug in manager with its include file and then i opened it with the subsystem builder block and it can't build it. 

what's the problem? 

how i can resolve this?. 

if then i want to make a project with this lpm-megafunctions and import it with the hdl import block how can i make for resolve it? 

thanks 

i hope you can help me. 

bye
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure if my problem is related to yours.  

I can compile a design, but it appears that nothing is 'working'. I get a slew of Warnings in Matlab: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Clock' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Constant' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Cyclone III 

EP3C25 Starter Board' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Integrator1' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Parallel Adder 

Subtractor' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/Signal Compiler' 

Warning: Failed to locate Registered Model for S-Function 'space_demod/nco_v8_0' 

--- Quote End ---  

and so on.... 

This is after upgrading to v8.0 sp1.  

--Mickey
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my problem is not the same,mickey.my problem is about hdl import block from altera blockset in simulink not recognice some LPM/megafunctions from megawizard plug in manager from quartus II. 

i do know what error hapends your proyect but i think that is that not locate some files. 

bye
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The HDL import block is not compatible with selected megafunctions... Perhaps this is what you are running into... Refer to the user guide (or is it reference manual) to see whether that specific LPM function is in the list of it... 

There isn't really anyway around it... Perhaps you can take that component out of your quartus project and rebuild it within DSP Builder?
0 Kudos