FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

EP4CE55f23I7N

JeDiFoX
Novice

Why do EP4CE55f23I7N chips made in Korea come in different packages? What is the difference between 484-FBGA-wire bond-a:2.40 and 484-FBGA,Options 3-wire bond?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

JeDiFoX
Novice
0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I'm still in the midst of the discussion regarding this with the internal teams. Unfortunately, it takes longer than usual heard. I will plan on letting you know as soon as I learn more information. Really appreciate your patience.

Warm Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Which POD document were you referring to? The POD is in the link below. There is no Option-3.

The difference between Option-1 and Option-2 is the dimples created by mold ejector pins on Option-2.

Link : https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/packaging/04R00416-03.pdf

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
JeDiFoX
Novice

IMG_20230925_172933.jpg

The photo shows a microcircuit in a 484-FBGA package, 3-wire connection options. Either this is a fake, or there is such a case, can you answer this question for me?

0 Kudos
JeDiFoX
Novice
0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Based on the information from our internal teams and also according to the official documentation which have been provided in the previous comment. There are only 2 options. There is no Option-3 mentioned in the official documentation for this device.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Below I will also attach the link for the official website for this device documentation.

Link : Packaging (intel.com)

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, for now I will set this case to Close-Pending. 

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos