FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

Hierarchy not found in Modelsim during RTL simulation

Sameer-sahu
New Contributor I

I am using Quartous prime 19.1 standard edition. I have a hierarchical design (comprising verilog file), see screenshot (some names hidden).123.PNG

When I launch RTL Simulation from Quartus, I see that in Modelsim the same project hierarchy do not exist.234.PNG

Therefore, I am not able to view the internal signals of sub modules in the wave window. How can I retain the hierarchy in modelsim to view the internal signals?

Thanks & Regards

Sameer

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Seem to me your signals are being optimized away by Modelsim.

Can you try to preserve them?

Use +acc with vopt to preserve visibility of all objects in the design or vsim -voptargs with +acc for selective design object visibility during debugging.

Let me know any update

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos