FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

PCIe Setup Problem - Cyclone 10 GX dev kit

gbessa
Novice

Hello I have Cyclone 10 GX development kit and I'm trying to test the PCIe connection. For that I'm following AN 829 (PCI Express* Avalon®-MM DMA Reference Design). I followed the hardware setup procedure described in 1.2.5 but I'm having 2 problems:

1. My Linux (debian) system is not recognizing the device (doesn't appear on lspci).

The dev kit is connected to a Gen3 16x slot. I program the FPGA with the .sof file that comes with the ref design (in the folder "master_image) but I've also tried compiling myself the project and used that new .sof, with the same result.

2. The driver is not installing. An error message appears:
./install: make: not found
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./altera_dma.ko: Key was rejected by service

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I found one similar thread , you may try to refer the step there.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/Intel-AN829-PCIe-DMA-example-failing-to-create-proc-devices/td-p/197051?profile.language=ko

Let me know if that is helpful.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I wish to follow up with you about this case.

Do you have any further questions on this matter ?

​​​​​​​Else I would like to have your permission to close this forum ticket

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos