Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Accelerator error

DRai
Beginner

I have been receiving the following error message in my Windows 8.1 now and then - "intel graphics accelerator driver for Windows (r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Trying to fix the problem I updated all the drivers from Intel, but the problem still keeps coming.

There isn't a specific scenario in which the problem occurs. I thought it could be a problem of memory, then I opened a lot of softwares together, including two 3D games and nothing happening. Then sometimes, out of nothing, I am only at my desktop with Chrome open and the error message appears.

Please help. This problem is driving me crazy and hindering my work.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Diegorai, this type of error has been reported at Intel. At the following URL you will be able to find several solutions.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm

I hope this information helpful for you.

DRai
Beginner

Hello, sylvia, thanks for your answer, but none of the problems specified in the link you gave me are my case. I don't get any BSOD or blue screen nor any of the error messages shown there (I posted them below). In any case, I have already did the troubleshooting the link recommends (mainly update drivers and NET Framework), and the problem still persists.

Best Regards

• Error: "Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn't handle, and now it needs to restart."
  • Error: "GfxUI has stopped working."
  • Error: "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
  • Error: "Your system has recovered from a serious error. Display driver for the device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Display driver for the [graphics device] seems to be responsible for the instability. Check the manufacturer for a device driver update."
  • Error: "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."
  • Error: "The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."
  • Error: "The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error. Please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. The application will now terminate."
  • Error: "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop."
  • Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang".
  • Error: "0x8E - Access Violation".
  • Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue".
0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Diegorai, Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system?

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

And the system Information report: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

When did you start getting this behavior?

Can you also let me know when are you getting this behavior? While using a specific application or software?

Regards,

0 Kudos