Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20696 Discussions

All I need is the Intel ICH8R Raid driver for floppy disc!

DFort1
Beginner

I am trying to install XP on a RAID configured machine. During the install, XP wants the third party RAID driver. I have an Intel ICH8R Raid controller integrated into my Asus P5K3 motherboard. I downloaded the driver floppy version from the download area but it does not contain the "setuptxt.oem" file that XP is looking for . Can anyone tell me where I can find the driver for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

I distinctly remember getting the driver from Intel and working, If not, you can find it from various manufacturers (though it's the same driver). My current version is saved from Gigabyte (com.tw). Note that ICH8 and ICH9 are rolled into one - once you create the floppy it will prompt you to choose (from memory, choices are ICH7R, ICH8R, ICH8-M and ICH9R). Select your driver nad make sure you get it right - if you select it wrong it WILL install and crash - then you need to restart the whole thing again.

I'd like to add that 99% of the cases where people complain that txtsetup is missing it's because of a bad floppy - it's the first file that is checked. Make sure the file is in the zip, check/format the floppy before and make sure it's all in order. Also, remember floppies are analogue in nature and the older they get the bigger the difference between drives. If you wrote it on an old drive it might be unreadable in yours. Best to use the same drive you wrote it on.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, maybe it's a typo but it will help you search if you follow the rule: floppy and hard are "disk", compact is "disc" and the floppy driver in the text area of the install is usually listed as "f6" driver. Google links "ich8 f6 driver download" directly to the driver on the Gigabyte site above, followed by other few links, including Asus

DFort1
Beginner

Thanks for the advice and the correction. I found it, and got it.

Thank You

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I want to install XPpro Sp2 from my original CD on a HP quadcore PC having the Intel chipset, originally intended for Vista 32 bit OS .

I need to prepare the F6 cd disk for the drivers. Hence the problem:

I am not able to find, on the Intel Download pages, the utility to burn the F6 disk with the Intel sata raid and ahci drivers .

The Intel "F6 Readme" indicate to use the utility " F6flp32.exe " but I am not able to find it on Intel downloads.

I have read you downloaded from Gigabyte,

" ........Google links "ich8 f6 driver download" directly to the driver on the Gigabyte site above,..... "

I've tried it, not found it, no results. May you help me giving some site address where I can download an image of the disk?

Thanks ,

Augusto

0 Kudos