Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Applications crash with driver error: igdumdim64.dll_unloaded

CTroy1
Beginner

I purchased a HP laptop that has intel processor i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00 GHZ with 4 GB RAM. The laptop didn't come with OS preinstalled. So, I installed Windows 7 64 bit. I updated the drivers with Windows update and also downloaded the Graphic driver from the Intel Site.

The Graphic Driver that I currently have is: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500. Driver version: 10.18.15.4281. Driver Date: 8/31/2015. Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher. Driver Provider: Intel Corporation. Now, whenever I close applications like Firefox or VLC, I get a crash message with the driver error: igdumdim64.dll_unloaded

Do I have to update the drivers? How can I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Castor,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try uninstalling the graphics driver you have install and install it again.

You can follow the steps to uninstall the driver here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel Display HDMI Audio...

After that is done, please install our generic driver, you can download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
DNare
Beginner

I have a similar problem but not exactly the same. And i don't know if i should make a new topic or not.

My problem is every time i access system properties the explorer will crash and restart. I checked it in Event Viewer and i got this message:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d

Faulting module name: igdumdim64.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56fdcc8d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000007feeb12d4c0

Faulting process id: 0x5a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ade7d5725ea0

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

Faulting module path: igdumdim64.dll

Report Id: 32e27164-19db-11e6-a66c-e094676ad4fb

I have tried updating the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 driver to the latest version. The problem still exist.

I have also tried uninstalling the driver then installing generic driver like ivanu suggest, but the generic won't installed in my computer.

Trying to install the generic driver will returned "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer".

I have three identical computer and all of it had the same issue.

Please if anyone have any clue on what should i done to overcome this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks before.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

We have tested this Intel® graphics several times and we have not experienced similar issue, I was reading the Microsoft community and I found this link where some customer were able to solve this problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-explorer-in-windows-7-keeps-crashing-and/c6fddc14-7649-4334-ac9a-6d049fd503bd?page=2&auth=1 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-explorer-in-windows-7-keeps-crashing-and/c6fddc14-7649-4334-ac9a-6d049fd503bd?page=2&auth=1

If this does not work for and the problem persists I strongly recommend contacting your system manufacturer and ask them to do a Lab with one computer similar to the one you have to see if they get the same behavior. I'm not saying is not Intel fault but it will be good for your computer manufacturer to test it and work on their end as well.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
DNare
Beginner

Hi, Ivan.

Thanks for the reply.

I found out what the problem is. Turned out my win 7 installer is not SP1. The problem gone after I install the SP1 update.

No explorer crashing when opening System Properties.

Hope this helped someone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and I really appreciate you have taken your time to let us know how the issue was resolved.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos