Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20677 Discussions

Arc A310 functions when booting but when windows starts screen is blank

JAFluri
Beginner

I just purchased an Arc A310 and have the above issue. If I boot the PC with the display cord plugged into the graphics card, the HP screen shows but as soon as Windows starts the screen goes blank. I cannot plug into the onboard graphics as the gpu disables it. I have to physically remove the card from the PC and plug into the onboard. Then if I try to install the drivers it won't let me as it says no driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit code 8. And of course, the gpu does not show up in device manager as it has been removed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JAFluri, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Based on the symptoms that you are experiencing, it seems to be more related to the BIOS of your current system communicating with the Intel Arc Graphics. To confirm this, May I please know the specific motherboard model that you are using on your system? It would also be helpful if you can share with us the display configuration that you have. ( monitor model, ports used). Just to make sure we are on the same page, when you mention " I cannot plug into the onboard graphics as the gpu disables it. I have to physically remove the card from the PC and plug into the onboard." , did you mean you are removing the Arc A310 to use the onboard graphics of your system and after doing so, trying to install the Arc A310 driver? If you can share with us your SSU logs, that would also be helpful as well. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JAFluri, 

Were you able to see my previous post? Feel free to share this information with us so we can investigate the Arc A310 of your system. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JAFluri, 

I hope everything is working well in your system. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing your case. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos