Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20662 Discussions

Arc Driver Update

Moty
Novice

I dont know why but my ArcControl app searched for new drivers for very long. Like 3 minutes and then it says there is a problem.

My version is 31.0.101.4672 from the 2. September 2023...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Moty,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I understand how annoying is not to be able to update the graphics driver duw to this error message, I am more than happy to help you.  

To understand the situation in a better way, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Moty
Novice

The issue started when I installed the driver 31.0.101.4672 and I installed it on the September 2nd

I dont know which Intel Arc Control version is installed, but I know it is from the first days of August this year.

The screenshot of the error is in german but it basically sais:

Driver

Timeout when searching for updates. The Intel driver support assistant is possibly offline or got problems, finding the newest driver version. We will try it again in a few minutes.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Moty,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful to understand the issue.

Please to know your system configuration and to be able to continue with the next steps attach the report of the Intel® SSU.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Moty
Novice

After the scan of the SSU, I wanted to go this page https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/ to share the outcome with you but it says I cant connect to it

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Moty,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties attaching the file.

Let's try to follow the step-by-step instructions below to attach it and avoid receiving an error message or something similar:

Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save. This will generate a .txt file, the one that I need you to attach. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Moty
Novice

Ah thanks here is the .txt of the ssu:

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Moty,

Thank you for your answer and all the information provided, that is very helpful.

Please follow the steps below to check if the behavior changes:

1. Uninstall Intel® Arc Control.
    1. Press the Windows key.
    2. Click on settings.
    3. Select Apps and then select Apps & features.
    4. Search for Intel® Arc™ Control software.
    5. Click on it and select the option to uninstall.
  2. Clean install the graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). For guidance, How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.
  3. Install the graphics driver 31.0.101.4826 and reinstall Intel® Arc Control by following the article How to Install Intel® Arc Control.

Let me know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Moty
Novice

Now everything works again and I can check if there is a new driver ready and got the driver version 31.0.101.4826 from the September 13.! Thanks

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Moty,

Thank you for completing the steps.

Happy to hear that the issue is solved, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos