Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Brand new Windows 10 64bit install - Core i7-5775C, Iris Pro 6200 driver installation results in computer hang

DKarc
Beginner

Motherboard: GA Z97P-D3 rev 1.1 Bios (newest) F8

CPU: i7-5775C (Iris pro 6200)

memory 2x8GB: HX321C11SRK2/16 and/or 2x BLS8G3D1609DS1S00CEU (first one, that i sent for replacment)

I've debuged it for a week.. got ram replacment.. and to reproduce:

1. Set memory allocation in bios to 1024 (for graphics) - got 3 SSD drivers, 2 of them are system raid 1 -if that can have any influence

a) windows7 64bit pro system recognizes 1024 -1200 dedicated memory for GPU =ok

b) windows 10 pro 64bit - recognizes 128 mb of dedicated GPU memory (on every driver i could find including beta, and those from gigabyte)

c) if 1024 is set in bios Windows 10 will crash after first automatic update of Intel driver (it will crash on upgrade if set to 1024)

d) if 512 mb set in bios then Windows 10 will work but see only 128mb of dedicated memory for graphics.

most easy reproduced error during BSOD is: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA igdkmd64.sys (when 1024 and windows 10)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, UndeadSauron:

I would like to know, have you tested the behavior of your system with the default drivers from Windows 10*?

You can get them by uninstalling the current graphics drivers from the device manager (display adapters).

You could also test your system with the Intel® VGA Driver from your Motherboard's manufacturer: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4958# dl GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97P-D3 (rev. 1.0)

Latest drivers from Intel®: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DKarc
Beginner

"if 1024 is set in bios Windows 10 will crash after first automatic update of Intel driver (it will crash on upgrade if set to 1024)"

on Windows 10 generic driver there is no BSOD (safe mode is stable too), I've tried all of this drivers already.

Key component seems to be 2x8GB ram + 1024 graphic memory in bios + motherboard + Windows 10 64bit (have raid 1 enabled in bios too) (have no additional GPU)

as for reporting only 128MB dedicated graphics memory, I've found that its "intended?"

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, UndeadSauron:

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to gather some additional information from your system and the specific scenario you could be in.

Please access here and provide me with the information requested there:

I look forward to your answer.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DKarc
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Win1064bit_pro BSOD/hung up when 1024 video ram enabled in bios, and ANY intel driver (doesnt BSOD on generic driver or safe mode). It seems that 2x8GB memory stick is connected to that issue

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

100%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

GA -Z97P-D3 V1.1 + i7-5775C

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

only CPU integrated GPU (APU)

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP Hyundai

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

2x8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

hdmi2dvi cable

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<td style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 5.4pt; border-right: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-bottom: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-left: none; bord...
0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, UndeadSauron:

Thank you for the information provided.

I will be performing some tests on my end and will let you know my outcome.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos