Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20636 Discussions

Can Arc Control overclock more than one GPU on the same setup?

dantheroasterman

Can I change a setting to allow for that? Thanks everyone 🙂

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dantheroasterman,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I will double-check our concern with our engineers and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dantheroasterman,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Please confirm the specific model of your graphics card so we can further check the issue on our end.

And by the way, it's important to note that overclocking will only be available on desktop Intel® ArcTM graphics cards. Mobile Intel® ArcTM graphics cards cannot be overclocked.

In addition, I would also like to share with you this article for your reference: How Can I Overclock My Intel® ArcTM GPU Using Intel® ArcTM Control?

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
dantheroasterman

Hey thanks for the help.  I have 3 Acer Biofrost A750's. I would like to overclock them all.  In the biofrost app they all show up and I can select them and change power, but intel arc control only ones shows up and I can't select the other two. I can only over clock 1 of the 3 on arc control.  Thanks for helping everyone 🙂

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dantheroasterman,

Thank you so much for the response and for the information that you have shared.

We will do further research on this matter and again post the response on this thread once it is available.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dantheroasterman,

Would you be able to check if the option for the other Acer Biofrost A750 is available when you click on the drop-down arrow for "Adapter"? Also, are they greyed out? This action should allow you to switch between different graphics cards. I have also prepared a sample screenshot for your reference, which should help guide you through the process. 

Kindly check the attached file or photo for the sample screenshot.

We look forward to your response! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
dantheroasterman

Hello again!  Thanks for the helps.  So on mine it is greyed out in the adapter selection. That is the issue.

Just no adapter menu function at all. 

In the Arc Biofrost control I can select each card but there is no overclock options in the Biofrost control.

That's why I need  Arc control, it can only overclock one GPU and has no Adapter Selection though as I mentioned.  There use to be an Nvidea card in the system, would that mess with the adapter selector?

Thanks again! Let me know what you think 🙂

ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Dantheroasterman,

Arc Control can overclock and generally work with 2 ARC GPUs; however, there is currently an issue in which the app doesn't let users select between GPUs when they are the same model (e.g., using 2 Arc A750). If using 1 x A750 and 1 x A770, the app works as expected.

This issue is being investigated, and hopefully a fix is on its way; however, no ETA can be provided.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dantheroasterman,

Thank you so much for the response.

We will use the information that you have shared with us to further investigate our issue, then again post the response on this thread once it is available. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos