Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Cannot install Q45 Chipset Drivers

idata
Employee

I hope that someone can help with this.

I have treid to install the Q45 Graphics Media Accelerator so that I can use dual display clone mode. I get an error saying that the"required section was not found in the INF" Can anyone tell me what I am missing.

I have DQ45EK motherboard running custom embedded XP OS. Probably missing something in the OS but can't seem to find out what. Single monitor runs on default driver. Have tried to install with 'have disc" approach and still same error.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Have you installed the chipset drivers? It looks like there could be a problem with driver installation or os installation.

It should be noted that after a clean operating system installation, you should install the drivers in the correct order else you may experience some issues with installing drivers.

The correct order of installing the drivers on Intel boards is: first install the chipset driver (INF), then the audio driver, then the remaining. Failure to install the INF drivers at first may result in driver installations issues and hence make some on board hardware that require the drivers to behave strangely.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers.

idata
Employee

I am assuming that there is something missing in the OS. Any idea on what that might be? I have constructed the OS but cant seemed to figure the missing bits. Any experience with XP embedded?

ciao

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

It looks like it can't find some drivers that have not yet been installed by the INF drivers itself. I'm not sure what you mean by embedded operating system. But as far as I know it would be the same chipset drivers that you would use and it should contain everything you need. There are no extra drivers or bits of codes/patches that needs to be included if you install the os differently. I hope I am right.If you slipstream the drivers in the os installation, I guess it would be the same, however I am not sure which drivers will get executed/installed during a non attended installation.

Anyway, if there is anybody who exactly know about embedded XP OS then I would be happy if they could advise you here. Thanks for posting.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It works just fine in XP ( dual boot OS ) system so must beleive that it is something missing from OS. XP embedded is basically XP professional components that you select for your own use. Just the components you need for your application instead of loading the more than 15,000 components that XP pro has. I'm only using 200+. Sooo as it works on XP pro there is something missing in my Embedded. Maybe someone might know what that is.

thanks

0 Kudos