Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

Core I3 MKV freeze

idata
Employee

I recently bought a HP laptop with a Core I3 processor to play my 1080p MKV files, my cpu usage is nice and low with around 4% on my 1080p files, however every now and then the video will stop for a second or so, or glitch with the sound still playing then come back again. I use Media player classic homecinema edition. I have seen this mentioned on other forums does anyone know of a fix I am on the latest Intel drivers?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I still have this problem now and again, I was just watching a program that was around 45 minutes long, at around 37 minutes I got the 3 second freeze and then back to normal. I am on the power plan for my Laptop so everything is working full power including the processor. After the freeze the video playys back fine and if I go back to the same place in the video it will play back fine, no skips. I can still hear the audio when the video skips and it seems to be random.

What is causing this to happen?

It doesn't seem to do this everytime, random stuff

idata
Employee

Could this be a problem with the Graphics driver, Wireless Driver, or is it more likely to be software related.

I am wondering if it is a memory leak or something that is happening with the graphics driver?

What is most likely to cause 3 second spikes?

0 Kudos