Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20640 Discussions

D34010WYKH - Cannot set resolution of 1920x1080

JHenr8
Beginner

Hi,

I have configured the NUC to be used as a HT-PC. Connected it to a receiver through its mini HDMI port and the receiver to a Sony KDL-46W955a TV. The problem I have is that with this configuration I cannot have the correct resolution of 1080p in the TV. The Windows 7 is automatically set to a fixed 720p resolution and I can´t change it to any other because the Intel HD graphics control panel is greyed out for all settings. The following troubleshooting were made to try to isolate the problem:

- When booting the NUC unit and pressing F2 to enter BIOS mode, the resolution is corrected at 1080p. The TV identifies the signal as " 16:9 1080p HD" when pressing display in the remote and the image in the screen is sharp and clear. As soon as you exit BIOS and start Windows, right in the boot splash screen the resolution changes to 720p, the image gets blurred and you cannot change it back to 1080p or any other resolution in Windows Control Panel.

- If removing the Intel video drivers and reverting the windows default video drivers I can set resolution for 1080p in the TV and the image is sharp and clear. At this point my guess is that there is no hardware problem with the receiver or TV but of course XBMC doesn´t run.

- If connecting the NUC HDMI cable directly to the TV HDMI port 1 or 3 (bypassing the receiver), I can get 1080p resolution and all options in the Intel HD graphics control panel are functional. XBMC runs flawlessly with a sharp and clear image.

- Replaced all HDMI cables by Audioquest Pearl cables - no changes, still getting 720p. The receiver HDMI configuration is set to "bypass" what according to the manufacturer is the correct settings to not affect the signals (no upscaler). In other words it repeats the exact same signal from the input to the output.

OS Configuration:

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bits SP1 and latest patches

Video drivers: tested with GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3643 and the latest found GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3910. (same results for both)

Audio Drivers: AUD_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_6.0.1.7240

XBMC 13.2

Hardware configuration:

Receiver: Cambridge Audio Azur 651r

TV: SONY KDL-46W955a

HDMI cables: Audioquest Pearl 1m and 2m

Mini HDMI to HDMI converter

NUC Configuration:

BIOS: WYLPT10H.86A.0027.EB

8GB DDR3 Crucial

120GB mSATA Crucial SSD

Intel Wireless AC-7260

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards,

Jose Antonio

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose

Do you have the latest firmware update for your Azur 651r? You can find the update here: https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200932122-Click-Here-For-The-Latest-Firmware-Update Click Here For The Latest Firmware Update – Cambridge Audio

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JHenr8
Beginner

Hi Robert,

The link you sent me has the FW update for a bluray player not for the Azur 651r receiver. I had already checked in the CA site but didn't find any FW for this receiver.

Current FW information for the 651r is as below. If anybody has knowledge of a newer FW please let me know.

Firmware: 1.46 / 1.45 / 1.09 (MCU / HDMI / DSP)

Regards,

Jose Antonio

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose

Have you had a chance to contact Cambridge tech support? They may be aware of a firmware update or the issue specifically and may have a solution.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JHenr8
Beginner

Robert,

I have sent them email but the only reply so far is that they are monitoring my case. I really believe the receiver is causing the problem but in case they cannot fix it I'm trying a solution from the other side.

Thanks!

Jose Antonio

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose

I looks like you have done very good troubleshooting and tried all the options. Your next best bet is to see if they can help.

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
JHenr8
Beginner

Robert,

As a temporary workaround, would be possible to connect the Mini HDMI port directly to the receiver for the HD audio and the display port converted to HDMI in the TV? Doing this I could have HD audio and video. Does it work?

thanks,

Jose Antonio

0 Kudos
JHenr8
Beginner

Update: I have installed Linux Mint v17 64bits with xbmc and had no problem setting resolution of 1080p through the receiver. At this point I have to believe the problem is in the Windows Intel drivers. Also I have re-installed Windows and it works with 1080p until I install Intel graphics drivers when it immediately sets the resolution for 720p with no options to change.

Jose Antonio

0 Kudos