Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Disable HDMI2.0 / LSPCON? Is there a registry option or similar which can disable HDMI 2.0? (See details for why I want to do this)

RDunk1
Beginner

I am unable to use 3D MVC with my Intel I3-8300 and C246 based motherboard with Paradetech PS175 LSPCON when plugged in to an HDMI 2.0 receiver even though the TV is HDMI 1.4. If I use an HDMI 1.4 receiver then 3D MVC works.

The thread below suggests Intel know about the issues with HDMI 2.0 and 3D and don't intend to fix it.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490TrLSAU/intel-nuci7-3d-mvc-issue

It seems the Intel driver does not look for the HDMI 2.0 extension in the EDID but instead uses something with the physical port to enable the LSPCON/HDMI 2.0 mode so this cannot be fixed with Edid manipulation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

I know as I saw on threads Intel does not assist with Registry modification, you should aks Microsoft.

As for EDID manipulation, the driver just works with what he receives, you are using a receiver, try direct connection or check further with the TV or Receiver support for EDID manipulation...

0 Kudos