Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Display scaling cannot be changed in driver settings. (=> No real FullHD and poor quality in some cases)

FSchi2
Beginner

Hi,

I cannot change the scaling in the display settings of my HD graphics driver. The only option is "Maintain Display Scaling".

Therefore I cannot enjoy real FullHD resolution because everything is upscaled and made bigger. Some windows ain't even displayed sharply or need some time to become sharp after scrolling.... And of course there is much less space available on my screen. For instance I cannot arrange 2 windows next to each other without having to scroll horizontally to see all information.

Setup:

- Lenovo Yoga 3 14"

- Intel HD Graphics 5500

- Windows 8.1

Is there any workaround for this restriction?

Regrads,

laliluU

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi laliluU,

This feature maybe restricted by the resolution settings depending on the screen size, you may not get all the scaling options using 1920 X 1080 on a 14" monitor. You would need to use a lower resolution in order to get these options.

0 Kudos
FSchi2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Anyway... I was completely wrong with my guess this was caused by the Intel driver. Instead the item size in the windows display settings was set to 150% by default.

My fault. Nevermind

0 Kudos
FSchi2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Anyway... I was completely wrong with my guess this was caused by the Intel driver. Instead the item size in the windows display settings was set to 150% by default.

My fault. Nevermind

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi laliluU,

This feature maybe restricted by the resolution settings depending on the screen size, you may not get all the scaling options using 1920 X 1080 on a 14" monitor. You would need to use a lower resolution in order to get these options.

0 Kudos
FSchi2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

My fault. Nevermind

0 Kudos
FSchi2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

My fault. Nevermind

0 Kudos